A Brief History of Gidley

Gidley School was built in 1943 and was named after Seth Gidley, one of the original ranchers and farmers in El Monte. Seth Gidley was married to Della Renfro, whose father, George B. Renfro, was the first public weigh master in the district and served for over 50 years.

In 1982, the Vons Corporation attempted to purchase the land from the school district. The school board at the time authorized a feasibility study, but the transaction was not completed.

 

Events Calendar

No events